Tuesday 24 July 2012

Bodybuilding - Back Exercises - Deadlifts


The mother of all back exercises, deadlifts. This exercise is so effective for overall strength and size, it is ridiculous. As a matter of fact, it is somewhat difficult to decide what workout is good for including deadlifts. I do these on back day because that is where I feel it the most. Stand anyway that you want. I started out using a narrow stance, but I think that incorporated too much of my lower back and legs.

I switched to a very wide stance (sumo stance) and now I can really blast my back muscles. The key, as with every other back exercise, is to keep your form throughout the entire set. Deadlift at the beginning or end of your workout, it really doesn't matter because it hurts all the same. I prefer to deadlift at the very end of my workout because it is easier to use my back since I already have a pump.

As you can see, back training is very involved. Form is extremely crucial, it is easily the most important factor in training back. Now, for all of you who have made it this far, I'm going to let you in on a little secret that will force you to pull with your lats even more. For every back exercise, use a thumbless grip, this way you will take your biceps almost completely out of the picture. True, you will have to use wrist straps a little bit more, but use them only when necessary

2 comments:

Pre and Post Workout Nutrition